Groote Schuur Hospital Requires Medical and Support Personnel
Minimum educational qualification:
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as Medical Specialist in Radiology.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Specialist in Radiology.
- Grade 1: None after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist in Radiology.
- Grade 2: A minimum of 5 years appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA (or a recognised foreign Health Professional Council in respect of a foreign qualified employee) as a Medical Specialist in Radiology.
- Grade 3: A minimum of 10 years appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA (or a recognised foreign Health Professional Council in respect of a foreign qualified employee) as a Medical Specialist in Radiology.
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Radiology.
- Experience in Interventive Radiology and/or musculoskeletal imaging is a strong recommendation.
- Leadership, interpersonal, organisational, relevant clinical and counselling skills.
- Ability to initiate own research projects and supervise research projects.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide in- and after-hours diagnostic and/or interventive radiology service.
- Conduct teaching and training in diagnostic and/or interventive radiology.
- Administer and manage diagnostic and/or interventive radiology service.
- Conduct research in diagnostic and/or interventive radiology with publications and presentations.
- Provide innovation and outreach in diagnostic and/or interventive radiology.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.I t will be expected of the successful candidate to participate in a system of remunerated commuted overtime. Candidates, who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment. This concession is only applicable on health professionals who apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status).
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver's licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Argus 7/10/2017, Sunday Times 8/10/2017, PSVC 41/2017.
For more information please click here