The successful person will be expected to provide leadership and management of the Division of Radiology at Groote Schuur Hospital, as well as provide input across several hospitals in the Metropolitan district of Cape Town. As Head of Division, this person will participate actively in clinical service, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, research, and promotion of the multidisciplinary approach to Radiology. He/she will manage Divisonal staff and resources, and will be expected to attract and develop staff of quality and provide leadership in diversity, transformation and equity. He/she will be expected to be available to be Head of the Department of Radiation Medicine, which is a rotational appointment.
The successful person:-
- Must be a recognised leader in the field of Radiology and should have a record of management experience and clinical service delivery in a busy Radiology service,
- Must be committed to staying abreast of modern imaging technology.
- Must be committed to teaching and training, and research.
- Must have experience in academic scholarship.
- Must provide leadership across the service and teaching platform.
- Must have insight into the challenges and opportunities for advancing health care in South Africa and Africa.
- Evidence of leadership in investigator-led radiology-related research, including fundraising.
- Experience in post-graduate student supervision and mentorship of early-career academics.
- Demonstration of engagement with radiology issues at national and/or international level
- Evidence of participation in social responsive activities.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years post-specialization experience of which three years should preferably be at a management level. The candidate must be hold a specialist Radiology qualification that is registerable with the HPCSA.
This permanent post is on the establishment of the University of Cape Town under the Joint Agreement with the Western Cape Government.
The annual remuneration package would be at the the level of Head of Clinical Department, with the academic rank appropriate to the experience of the candidate.
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- A letter of motivation detailing suitability for this post
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: www.health.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E200208 Closing date: 04 June 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf . For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.