The University of Cape Town and the Department of Health of the Western Cape Government invite applications for the above permanent post of Professor/Associate Professor and Head of Division of Radiology in the Department of Radiation Medicine at Groote Schuur Hospital and Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital. The successful person will be expected to provide leadership in Radiology and to manage its staff, resources and performance and participate actively in clinical service, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, as well as research and promotion of the multidisciplinary approach to Radiology.
The successful person:-
• Should be a recognised leader in the field of Radiology and should have a record of scholarship with experience in clinical service delivery, teaching and training, and research.
• Should have expertise in clinical service delivery and be committed to staying abreast of modern imaging technology in the public sector.
• Should provide leadership across the service and teaching platform.
• Should have insight into the challenges and opportunities for advancing health care in South Africa and Africa.
• Will be expected to attract and develop staff of quality and provide leadership in diversity, transformation and equity.
• Will be expected to be available to be Head of the Department of Radiation Medicine, which is a rotational appointment.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years registered experience in the Specialty and hold a qualification that is registerable with the HPCSA
This permanent post is on the establishment of the University of Cape Town under the Joint Agreement with the Western Cape Government.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is appropriate to the level of Head of Clinical Department, with the academic rank of Professor or Associate Professor.
Enquiries about this post should be directed to Professor Jeannette Parkes, email
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi at
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: www.health.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E19182 Closing date: 31 May 2019
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.