Page 2 of 16
Code of ethics
Radiologists have individual and collective ethical responsibility to:
- Consider the well being of the patient.
- Practise the art and science of medicine competently and without impairment.
- Engage in lifelong learning to maintain and improve your professional knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Conduct all personal and professional activities with honesty, integrity, respect, fairness and good faith.
- Avoid the exploitation of professional relationships for personal gain.
- Respect professional confidences.
- Ensure transparency in all aspects relating to the conducting of the radiology practice in the interest of patient care.
- Comply with all laws.
- Uphold the values, ethics and mission of this Code.